GPBIO Portaloo Treatment
Green Chemistry—bringing sustainability to chemical products and processes.
A potent, bio-degradable eco-friendly organic waste degrader for exceptional odour control in portable toilet, en-tertainment, air liner, mining, recreational vehicle, and marine holding tank applications.
The current generally accepted ways of treating portable toilet effluent balance a number of complex challenges, with serious compromises on each front ranging from under performance, health risks to humans, to enormously damaging consequences to the environment.
Formaldehyde & Gluteraldehyde:
These are known cancer causing carcinogens and are definitely not ideal where any kind of exposure to humans is likely. Not readily biodegrade and extremely damaging to the environment when they are discharged, they cause numerous problems when ending up at waste water sewage treatment plants.
Enzyme & Bacterial Solutions:
Much safer for humans, they are actually beneficial to the environment when discharged. They have their own serious and limiting applications however.
- Enzymes are subject to a narrow effective temperature range. Just as humans run the fatal risk of denatur-ing enzymes at fevers of 400C or very low temperatures, portable toilet applications face sweltering out-door temperatures especially when adding the greenhouse warming effects one experiences like in a closed motor vehicle on a hot sunny day, temperatures quickly pass the point where enzymes die. In open environments the same applies to very cold environments where enzymes can quickly die due to the cold. Importantly enzymes are very target specific, and if the easy mistake is made of using the wrong enzymes in formulation, the solution will be ineffective at odour control. Crucially enzymes are not able to reproduce, their numbers are limited to the initial dose amount introduced.
- Bacteria are much hardier than enzymes. Think of how one needs to boil water first to eliminate bacteria, they are more resistant to temperature changes. Compared to enzymes bacteria have the added benefit of being able to reproduce at exponential rates. Bacteria then produce the right combination of enzymes to effectively break down the waste on hand. But where enzyme solutions start working immediately, bacterial solutions take a long period to become effective and are only suitable for low traffic environments. Most notable with both enzymes and bacteria, as soon as the very real scenario of chemicals being introduced comes to play, both solutions will die off and effectively become useless. Both solutions also have logisti-cally challenging very limited shelf lives.
GPBIO Portaloo Treatment is a proprietary high performance formulation which is impervious to temperature changes, works immediately and on an ongoing basis, is bio-degradable and suitable for wastewater plants, is non-carcinogenic and safe for humans, is non-volatile, does not have a limited shelf life, and continues to work even when chemicals are invariably dumped into the portable toilet environment. Crucial to portable toilet envi-ronments is maintaining a suitable and constant PH situation. GPBIO Portaloo Treatment achieves this with a com-plex proprietary PH buffer system. Odours are quickly removed and further masked with a powerful fragrance system.
- High odour control properties
- Biodegradable and eco friendly
- Operates across wide temperatures
- Non-volatile and non-carcinogenic
- Suitable for wastewater plants
- Does not get killed by chemicals
- Intelligent PH buffer system